Today I want to talk about what you can do if your home isn’t selling as quickly as you’d like it to. This used to happen a lot more frequently before the housing collapse of 2008, but now that the market has shifted and inventory is low, this problem happens less frequently. However there are still plenty of cases where homes are not selling.
1) The Price. This is the most common reason why homes aren’t selling. If your home has been on the market for months and isn’t selling, then you should consider an appropriate price drop. In some situations, this may only be a temporary solution, though. You may still need to do some work on your home in order for it to sell.
2) Curb Appeal. Perhaps your home’s exterior and entryway aren’t attractive to potential buyers. One of the most common errors people make is thinking that just because they like something, everyone else will too.
3) The Condition of Your Home’s Interior. You should always do a walk-through (and have your friends do so as well) of your home and note anything that needs to be fixed or removed. If you have outdated appliances, then if your budget allows, you may want to consider getting new ones before selling.
4) Home Staging. If you unfamiliar with how to properly stage your home, then it’s time to ask for help. A professional stager will not only know how to make your home look better, but they’ll also be able to give you advice on what needs fixing and what should just be removed.
5) Listening to Feedback from Potential Buyers. When potential buyers express interest in your home but don’t make an offer, you should ask them why. Is it the price? The condition of the interior? Maybe they aren’t really interested at all and are just ‘window shopping’. Either way, if you want to sell your house then you need to figure out what you can do differently.
If you’re getting ready to sell your property in the Ruidoso area, it’s important to make sure that everything is in order. You can’t always control the market, but you do have some power in your home sale.
There’s no one-size fits all solution when it comes to helping with a quick and smooth real estate transaction; however by applying these five tips above there is hope for those looking to help their property sell!
Are you looking for a professional real estate agent to help list your home? Southern New Mexico Realty would be happy to assist you! We have years of experience helping homeowners in our area get the best price for their property. Contact us today – we would love to hear from you!